Saturday, January 28, 2012

Ready, aim...

So a couple nights ago, my wife heard gunfire from the street and heard and saw the tail end of a car drive off into the middle of the night. And yesterday, our front yard and driveway were swarming with police and detectives who informed us that our neighbor's house across the street had been on the unlucky end of a large caliber bullet, which came within feet of killing one of the occupants of said house.

Incredible. And I was foolish enough to think that I had found a relatively safe neighborhood for my family to live in. I guess it goes to prove that no where is really safe.

My wife, being the good woman that she is, took the kids down to the neighbor's house to visit and maybe help to soothe some rattled nerves. And there were rattled nerves enough to soothe. Apparently the bullet had penetrated three separate walls and, as I said, came within about two feet of killing the poor woman's husband. Thank God that had not been the case.

I hope the police catch the perpetrator, even though the hope of that is slim now. You never really realize just how confidence-inspiring a good cop can be until they are helping you catch someone else or protecting you. They really are a great bunch, and my hat is off to the work that they do. It can really be a thankless job. I am here to thank them.


1 comment:

  1. Thank God everyone is alright, and that you good guys have a means of protection!

    ReplyDelete