Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Tax Time and Religious Freedom

I apologize for the lapse in posting recently, I have been Doing My Taxes.

Drumroll, please... And I have finally finished them and all paperwork is out the door and to the IRS. Yay!

With that out of the way, I may actually be able to get something meaningful written and posted here in a day or two, especially continuing on the topic of distributism. Sorry to leave all of you hanging. But for the moment, I feel the need to report something about this news story circulating recently, about the new Health and Human Services mandate to Catholic institutions that they provide abortion and contraceptive services as part of their health care plans. It is important to understand that, whether you agree with the Church's position on reproductive matters or not, this decision is an opening for the administration to meddle with whatever religion and matter of conscience they choose. Even if you're not Catholic, you could still be next.

No comments:

Post a Comment